Backend Software Engineer Intern (2024)
A global AIoT software leader in Net Zero, Envision Digital is committed to becoming the world’s leading net zero technology partner for enterprises, governments, and cities to accelerate progress and improve their citizens’ quality of life.
EnOS™, Envision Digital’s proprietary AIoT operating system, connects and manages more than 110 million smart devices and 360 gigawatts of energy assets globally. Envision Digital’s growing ecosystem of more than 360 customers and partners spans 10 industries and includes Accenture, Amazon Web Services, GovTech Singapore, IBM, Keppel Corporation, Microsoft, Nissan, PTT, Solarvest, Total and ST Engineering. The company has close to 900 employees and 12 offices across the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Japan, Thailand, China, and the United States, with headquarters in Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.envision-digital.com/
Backend Software Engineer Intern
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a product developer to implement new features in EnOS IoT Platform, e.g. Device Connection & Management, Device Provision, Data Integration, etc.
- Utilize IoT Platform and other PaaS, SaaS or open-source technology to explore how to build new applications.
- Perform in complete software process, deliver with quality and support maintenance team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering education background.
- Comfortable with coding. Knowledge of basic data structure & algorithm (e.g. map, set, tree, etc.) and computer networking topics (e.g. TCP/IP).
- Familiar with object-oriented programming. Experience in Java or keen to practice Java coding during internship.
- Knowledge and experience in modern middleware and technology (e.g. message queue, SQL and NoSQL, Kubernetes, etc.) will be preferred.
- Work experience in other software internships is preferred but not necessary.